Our client is a rapidly growing, privately held, producer and marketer of branded gluten free baked goods, both frozen and dry, selling nationally to consumers through mainstream grocery and natural food store
- The acquisition of raw materials
- Conversion to finished products and shipping to our customers with a near 100% order fill rate.
- At the same time this person is expected to support all growth initiatives while maintaining & hopefully improving product quality as they endeavor to improve margin through manufacturing efficiencies.
- Our clients work as a team of 4 partners and include the Plant and Supply Chain manager in all of our efforts at continuous improvements, product & process innovations & new product development.
- Our clients rely on outside resources and consultants to help accelerate our growth and acquire to new manufacturing skills. As such, this position requires a person who can be flexible & creative in their thinking and encourage help from anywhere. “Not invented here” will not work.
- Working with limited budgets as the company while profitable is very cash flow and profit conscious. Our clients will not sacrifice product quality to save a few dollars.
- This person must have led manufacturing and supply chain either as a plant manager or as a production manager in a large company. Food experience in branded package goods is a must because of the regulatory rules and the complications of going-to-market with a branded food product. Bakery experience is a plus.
- The ability to work effectively and consistently with an entrepreneurial group of owners
- Demonstrated background being a “team-player” while not tolerating or inciting internal politics
- Easily recognized by all as an “approachable” leader who recognizes and values ALL stakeholders (employees, customers, vendors, and partners).
- Analytically solid with an orientation toward detail.
- A high energy level, excellent follow-through, focused, persistent, and the ability to discern the most appropriate plan of action to achieve the desired business result.
- Proven ability to select, lead, and support the development of people.
- Have a sound understanding of business finances.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) working effectively with people from the plant floor to the partners.
- Should be direct but not offensive, constructive, concise, and plain speaking and able to offer ideas for improvement in the business
If you or a friend are looking for a potential career opportunity similar to the one above, please do not hesitate to reach out!